Documents required for visa aplication
As a traveller in need of a visa, you will have to meet several Switzerland visa requirements in order to complete your application. The statutory Switzerland visa requirements are as follows:
- Swiss visa application form. Complete the form with correct information in compliance with the information in the rest of the documents. Here you can easily learn how to fulfil the form without any mistakes!
- Two passport photos. The photos should be identical and comply with the photograph requirements for the Swiss Schengen visa application.
- Your national passport. Valid for at least 3 months beyond the return date, no older than 10 years, and containing at least two blank pages.
- Copies of your previous visas. If you have ever held a visa to Switzerland, the Schengen territory or another country in the world, provide the embassy/consulate with copies of those visas.
- Schengen travel visa insurance. Purchase travel medical insurance valid for Switzerland and the whole territory of the Schengen Area, with a minimum coverage of €30,000 for medical emergencies.
Travel health insurance policies for foreigners travelling to Switzerland that fulfil Swiss Schengen Visa requirements can be purchased online from AXA Assistance or Europe Assistance. Both companies are accepted by Swiss authorities worldwide.
- Round-trip Flight Itinerary. A document that shows you have a booked flight, to enter and leave Switzerland. This document should specify flight numbers, dates, and your details.
- Proof of accommodation. I.e. a hotel reservation.
- Proof of civil status. This could be a marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, etc.
- Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay in Switzerland. You must be able to attest owning at least 100 CHF or 92.34€/day on your disposition during your stay in Switzerland, while, in case you are a student this amount reduces to 30 CHF or 27.70€/day.
- A cover letter. A personal letter in which you explain why you are applying to visit Switzerland, how long you plan to stay, when will you leave and other details.